Engaged, educated and empowered generations through the arts.
Our mission is to use the arts to inspire and encourage social awareness and responsibility.
Baldy Bane was started way back in 1991 and has toured all over Scotland ever since. We have been lucky enough to work with a broad range of partners including The Scottish Government, NHS, Police Scotland, Zero Tolerance, Road Safety Scotland and many more.
Over the years we have developed dramas in collaboration with supporting organisations on issues such as bullying, gender based violence, knife crime, road safety, bogus calling, abuse in teenage relationships and internet safety among many others.
As well as providing hard hitting issue based dramas, we also tour an annual pantomime production to primary schools. Coming up in December 2016 is “Dr Denby’s Great Circus Rescue”.
Additionally, we facilitate training and workshops through the tool of role-play and forum theatre. This can be in any setting from schools and workplaces to colleges and conferences.
In 2015, Baldy Bane received charitable status and we plan to embrace this new opportunity by continuing to provide compelling theatre in education productions while also focusing on developing some new dramas. Our newly appointed board of directors come from a varied background bringing a diverse range of skills and expertise to help us continue to develop Baldy Bane for the future.
This year we will celebrate our 25th anniversary and what a great 25 years it has been!
- We are now mid-way through our tour of "The Kamikaze” by Mark MacNicol. St Joseph’s Academy in East Ayrshire had this to say after their recent performance:
On behalf of the pupils and staff of St Joseph’s Academy, I would like to thank you for another superb performance on Tuesday.
Joe, Rowan and Matt are fabulous actors and the parts they played really hit home with our pupils. They were also very courteous, obliging and professional in their approach to setting up, delivering the workshops and clearing up afterwards.
We hope to see them back next year!
For more information, or to enquire about the project or future tours, contact us.
- We have just completed a 10 week tour of "Crush" and "Gold Stars & Dragon Marks”. We are immensly proud of our team of dedicated actors who worked very hard and approached a range of sensitive issues with respect and compassion for the young audiences. After receiving a performance of “Crush”, John Paul Academy in Glasgow had this to say:
As always, the cast were superb in every way and the pupils were
both entertained and educated on a very important, and perhaps
more relevant than ever, topic.
We are so grateful to have been afforded this opportunity.
- Pantomime 2016/17 - "Dr Denby’s Great Circus Rescue” will be hitting the road this Christmas season. Bookings are being taken now and the schedule is starting to fill up. Keep you eyes peeled for more information coming soon. Contact us to secure your preferred date. Don’t miss out!
- Baldy Bane recently performed at the 'Choices for Life' event in association with Police Scotland. 'Choices for Life’ is a Police Scotland innovative diversionary and educational initiative aimed at raising awareness amongst young people aged 11-18, about the dangers of misuse in relation to smoking, alcohol and drugs as well as online safety and advice on how to deal with negative peer pressure.
- One Foot in the Door has enjoyed a fantastic response from venues across Scotland.